1. You must be 21 years old.
2. You must complete the 8 hour CCW class. The course must be completed physically in Nevada with a NV-licensed instructor. Out-of-state courses, NRA courses, military experience does not qualify. The course must be completed - no exceptions.
3. You must target qualify.
4. You must not be a fugitive from justice.
5. You must be mentally sound, sane, and competent.
6. You must never have been admitted to a mental health facility/asylum.
7. You must not be a habitual user of drugs or alcohol.
8. No felony criminal conviction (regardless of crime or date of occurance). If you have a felony on your criminal record you can NOT obtain a CCW, nor can you own a handgun.
9. No misdemeanor criminal conviction that involved the use of violence or threats thereof within 3 years prior to submitting your application.
10. No criminal conviction for stalking.
11. No criminal conviction for domestic violence.
12. You may not be under restraining order.
12. You may not have been dishonorably discharged from the US Armed Forces.
13. You must be a US Citizen or Legal Resident Alien with a valid SS#.
14. You must submit a completed application and all supporting documents.
15. You must pay the appropriate fees.
16. You must answer all questions on the application honestly.
17. No D.U.I. (drunk driving) conviction in past 5 years in any state.